Non-operator landowner behavior change; a shared discussion among nonprofits and researchers
May 14-15, 2019
This is a hidden web page that includes information about and resources for our meeting.
Thanks for being part of the conversation!
Full Meeting Packet.
- Meeting Packet is here: final_meeting_packet_nol_convening_2019
Includes agenda, logistics and attendee list.
Our top research reads recommended before the meeting.
- Understanding barriers and opportunities for adoption of conservation practices on rented farmland in the US
Ranjan et al. Land Use Policy, 2019: ranjan_et_al_2019
- Women agricultural landowners — past time to put them “on the radar”
Petrzelka et al. Society & Natural Resources, 2018: petrzelka_et_al_2018
- Measuring farmer conservation behaviors: Challenges and best practices
Floress et al. Land Use Policy, 2018: floress_et_al_2018
Top recommended NOL-related reading, resources and links shared by nonprofits ahead of our meeting.
- American Farmland Trust:
- American Farmland Trust 2018 Non-Operator Landowner Survey: aft_nols_survey_2018
- Land Stewardship Project:
- Toolkit of Resources for Farm Landowners and Renters: Soil Health Building and Conservation Leasing: lsp_landowner_toolkit_list_of_resources_2019
- The Nature Conservancy:
- Non-Operating Landowners and Conservation on Rented Farmland; Lessons Learned from a Year of Exploration: tnc_nol_conservation_white_paper_2019
- Women Food & Ag Network: